Spiritual Awareness and Protection
It is written in Ephesians 6:12:
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
You must, therefore, become spiritually aware so that you may recognize when you are under attack from the evil ones. You must also learn how to defend yourself against any such assaults.
Recognizing Spiritual AttackSpiritual attacks can come in the form of physical assaults or emotional assaults. Recognizing these different forms of attack is very important. Here are some common physical symptoms of spiritual attack:
- Excessive yawning (especially during the day). Yawning is the result of oxygen deprivation to the brain. The evil can consume the oxygen around you causing you to yawn frequently.
- Sneezing when there is no obvious cause (allergies, pepper, etc.). Ever wonder why we say, "God bless you" when someone sneezes?
- You may get the chills for no apparent reason.
- Headaches (especially severe ones like migraines)
- You may suddenly feel aches and pains with no rational explanation for them.
- You may also feel extremely tired and drained of energy.
- The evil have the ability to strongly influence your thoughts. They can plant suggestions in your head to do things or say things that you wouldn't normally do. Be aware of any strange thoughts that enter your mind that you would not normally think of.
- The evil can also influence your emotions in a strong way. You may suddenly experience severe depression or extreme anger. Sometimes you will be very tense and short tempered for no good reason.
Defending Against Spiritual AttackIf you ever believe you are under attack you should always call on the Lord and ask him to help you. In addition, there are many things which you can and should do each day in order to ensure that you have sufficient protection against the spiritual forces of evil.
- You must put on the full armor of God morning and night by praying to the Lord and asking him to put the armor of God on you. Refer to Ephesians 6:10-18 for more information about the armor of God.
- You must ask for forgiveness of sins
- You can simply say, "Lord I give my complete will to you for the next 24 hour period, not my will but your will be done in my life."
- You must read Psalm 92 both morning and night; start praising.
- Whenever in need speak out scriptures and; say aloud "Praise the Lord" nine consecutive times followed by, "O my soul praise the Lord!"
- Read your bible eg. read the first 5 verses of the book of John or Psalm 91 as a means of forcing the evil to back off of you.
- Source: Author Unknown - Sorry I am unable to put source as this message was sent to me in 2011 by a sister who recently died.