Thursday, February 23, 2006

An Invitation

March 27, 2005:
AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS, THAT WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED. (Acts 2:21)

Reflective Thought: "He who has an ear hear what the Spirit is saying ..." (Rev)

An Invitation - Are You Ready?

Here the heart beat of God beating it sounds like a drummer gently drumming, "come, come, come .."

Hear the Spirit gently wooing "come".

As the words of the Carol say " O come let us adore Him ... Christ the Lord"

- Ssh hush! Listen! "Come my child ..."

He is calling today what is he saying to you? - Hear Him calling You! "Come ...."

Do you know him or have you turned away? He is saying, "Come to me ... come back .." It is written: "For the son of man is come to save that which was lost (Mth 18:11)"

"Come now let us reason together, saith the Lord; though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red as crimson they shall be as wool (Isaiah 1:18)

* His Invitation to the world: "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, ... incline your ear unto me, & come unto me; hear, & your soul shall live; ... seek the Lord while he may be found ..(Isaiah 55)

Jesus called out to them, "Come, be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people!" (Mark 1:17 NLT)

Are you worn out & weary? " Come unto me all ye that labour & are heavy laden, & I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you & learn of me; for I am meek & lowly in heart: & ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy & my burden is light (Mth 11:28-30

Beware busyness: " ...A certain man made a great supper & invited many. .... Say to them, .."Come for all things are now ready." And they all began to make excuses. (Luke 14: 15-25) Room for all: (Luke 14:23) .... Go into the highways & hedges & compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
Invitation to enter His Rest: Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of Grace that we may obtain mercy, & find grace to help in time of need (Heb 4:16) Come deeper into holiness.

A promise: Let not your heart be troubled: .....In my Fathers house are many mansions....... I will come again, ... (John 14: 1-4)

The final call: (Rev 22:17 & 20) And the spirit & the bride say, Come & let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that athirst come, & whosoever will let him take of the water of life freely. ..... Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you all. Amen.

Source: Intro Jan Lyall & The Bible © 2005 Email:

If you do not know Jesus & would like to know more - please write to me at prayereflections@yahoo.com.au & I will get back to you as soon as possible.