Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cast Your Burdens Upon Him

May 04, 2004: In everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present you requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7 NIV)

Cast Your Burdens Upon Him
Do not worry about food and drink or about the things you'll wear. Is life not more then food and drink see the birds up in the air. They do not plant or harvest, nor store food in the barn. But your heavenly Father feeds them and keeps them safe and warm. Look at the lovely lilies in the meadows where they grow, they do not want for anything, God cares for them I know. He adorns them with such beauty, tis there for all to see. Would He not go the extra mile, when it comes to you and me. Don't worry about tomorrow. The best is yet to be when you invite the heavenly Father to come and dwell with thee. Focus your eyes upon Jesus and your problems will soon grow dim. When you go to the Father in prayer and cast all your burdens on Him.
Marilyn Ferguson ©2001 (Based on Matthew 6:25-33) Used with permission: Echoes of the heart http://www.marilynspoetry.com/

A New Measure Of Faith

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:1-4)

Many of you know that over the years I also have faced many challenges & through out the Lord has been with us and provided our needs in many ways. During this time I learnt much about the importance, value and results of effective praying. Because of this I have been able to encourage and pray with others. Through my journey, my faith and experiences have taught me it is better to trust God than man (Psalm 118) God never fails & nothing is to much or impossible with Him. I pray this recent miracle that happened to me will inspire & encourage you today.

One day my car broke down and a roadside mechanic came to fix it. His diagnosis was the car was in serious trouble needed new engine, gear box & so on. He was able to get the car started & gave a recomendation to replace ASAP. This was impossible so all I could do was pray and trust God.

Last month the car situation became critical. After seeking prayer support I again went back to my prayer closet. This time my cry was more desperate we had tried everything possible in the natural. Plenty had advise, yes we had tried to get a loan, sought other opinions, prayed, tithed, spoken the word, sought prayer support etc. Now I understood how Job felt, 'bad things do happen to good people.' Life is full of challenges & they can be Gods opportunities to turn setbacks into springboards whilst learning patience. Whilst praying I felt an inner peace as the Lord asked me to trust Him.

My trust was rewarded last week when I received an email from my Pastor asking me to ring him as soon as possible. I then learnt a person who wished to remain anonymous had stepped forward & asked if they could purchase me a replacement vehicle. Two days later it was delivered fully licenced, power steering, airconditioning, CD player. All I had to do was sign some forms I had no extra expenses. Who this person was only my Pastor & God know. I thank God not only for the blessing but also thank the person who heard from God & was obedient to Him. Trully a beautiful miracle that has left many speechless.

My prayer today is that if you are reading this & have a need do not think God has forsaken you. Seek prayer support & surround yourself with people of faith who will encourage you. If I can help with prayer please contact me at prayereflections@yahoo.com.au & I will pray for you.

Remember God never fails! sometimes delays mean God has a better result, my prayer was for God to fix the car - Gods solution was to replace with a better model. "God knows are needs better than we do He looks at the bigger picture." Sometimes there are seasons of blessings & I can vouch that the last few weeks I have seen so many small blessings I have been overwhelmed.

This miracle has increased my faith to continue believing for other needs in my life & family. Today I urge you to believe God hears your prayers and will never forsake you. It has also increased my faith to continue praying & believing for others.

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works! Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord! Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore! Remember His marvelous works which He has done..." 1 Chron 16:8-12

Written for SWPW Weekly Prayer Reflection - Jan Lyall © 2004

Reflective Thought: The Lord is My Shepherd (Psalm 23) I am your shepherd. You will never have need of anything that I want for you. If you will trust me, and allow me to be the shepherd of your life, I will give to you such great peace of mind that it will be like lying in the cool green grass of a springtime meadow. And as you learn to deepen your love and trust, a quietness will come over your soul, like a serene, calm lake. It will be a time of great refreshment to your inner man, thus preparing you to do whatever tasks I set before you to do; And do not minimize any task that I give you to do, as it is for my honor and glory, not yours. There will be times when, because of my great love for you, it will be necessary for me to lead you into great darkness..... Darkness that will be so great that you will feel as though you are standing at the very edge of life, with death awaiting you below. But always remember, I am still your shepherd. In the darkness you may not be able to see me, but you have my eternal promise that I will never leave you or forsake you. If you will continue to trust me, even after you have been through a time of darkness, I will again flood your heart with such peace that you could even sit down with your enemies. Your joy will be so great that it will spill over into the lives of others. And as your reward I will give to you all the really important things of life. When you have completed all that I have planned for you to do on earth. I want you to come up and live with me forever and ever and ever. (Paraphrased - Author Unknown)